Brochure Type: 2021-2022 Europe & Beyond
The Golden Ring of once-fortified cities northeast of Moscow, stood witness to some of the most significant events in Russian history. Considered virtual open air museums, their Kremlins, monasteries, cathedrals and churches feature remarkable architecture from the 12th- 18th centuries. With bells ringing out from towering belfries, whitewashed walls, golden spires and onion domes marking the horizon, they rank among the most picturesque in the land.
- Yaroslavl: In Yaroslavl, a delicious dinner is served.
- Suzdal: Dine like a local as you enjoy an authentic lunch with a meal typical of the region.
- Dining Summary: 4 Breakfast (B), 3 Dinner with Wine (DW), 1 Lunch (L)
- Suzdal: Choose between meeting an Orthodox priest and learning about the ancient art of icon painting. Alternatively, join your Local Expert to visit the Monastery of the Saviour St. Ethimius.
- Vladimir: Bring home your own version of the famous Russian souvenir after learning from a professional artist in a special Matryoshka dollmaking workshop.
- Sergiev Posad : The main attraction is the famous Holy Trinity-St. Sergius Lavra. Among the colourful collection of churches here, visit the Assumption and Holy Trinity cathedrals.
- Rostov the Great: Explore the ivory towered Kremlin and the Museum of Enamel.
- Yarosavl: Visit the green-domed Church of Elijah the Prophet and the Holy Transfiguration Monastery.
- Kostroma: During an orientation with your Travel Director see the fabulous Epiphany Cathedral.
- Vladimir: See the Golden Gate and visit the five-domed Assumption Cathedral. See the carved stone walls of the Cathedral of St. Demetrius.
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert's fascinating commentary
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included - you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency
- We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available)
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination
- You may purchase transfers from/to Moscow's Sheremetyevo and Domodedovo airports on arrival and departure days, or when additional night accommodation has been booked through Insight Vacations
- Alternatively, please make your own way from/to the airport
Call (336) 243-2153 for more information or to book today! Mention code 15545625
- Tour Operator
- Insight Vacations
- Offer valid through 6/30/2021
- 5 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Yaroslavl||To Sergiev Posad, Rostov-the-Great and to Yaroslavl: At 07:45 meet your Travel Director at the Radisson Collection Hotel, Moscow and depart for Sergiev Posad. Visit some of the colourful churches of the Holy Trinity-St. Sergius Lavra. Journey to Rostov-the-Great and explore its ivory towered Kremlin and the Museum of Enamel. Continue to Yaroslavl where a delicious dinner is served at a riverside restaurant. (Dinner with Wine)|
Ring Premier Hotel, Yaroslavl.
|Day 2||Suzdal||Kostroma and Suzdal Experience: During your sightseeing of Yaroslavl, see the domed Church of Elijah the Prophet and the Holy Transfiguration Monastery.Travel to Kostroma to see the fabulous Trinity Cathedral. Continue to charming Suzdal. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Pushkarskaya Sloboda Hotel, Suzdal.
|Day 3||Suzdal||Exploring Suzdal: Explore Suzdal with Insight Choice. Choose between meeting an Orthodox priest and learn about the ancient art of icon painting or alternatively, visit the Monastery of the Saviour St. Ethimius.Dine like a local as you enjoy an authentic Home-hosted lunch with a meal typical of the region. (Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner with Wine)|
Pushkarskaya Sloboda Hotel, Suzdal.
|Day 4||Moscow||On to Vladimir and return to Moscow: Journey to Vladimir to see the carved stone walls of the Cathedral of St. Demetrius, and visit the Museum of Crystal and Varnished Miniatures. Visit a Matryoska Doll making workshop and try your hand to decorate your own.Return to Moscow where you are at leisure for the rest of the day. (Breakfast)|
Radisson Collection Hotel, Moscow.
|Day 5||Moscow||Farewell Moscow: Departure transfers will arrive at Moscow's Sheremetyevo Airport at 05:00, 08:00 and 11:00 and at Moscow's Domodedovo Airport at 05:00, 10:00 and 13:00. (Breakfast)|
- Notes: Smaller coaches without washroom, 40 seats or extra legroom will be used. In some parts of Russia, clean small denomination US$ bills or Euro notes are the only accepted currency. Visas: Visas are required for this trip. Please speak to your Travel Agent at time of booking to assess your requirements.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class