Brochure Type: Africa 2021
Bush, beach and two vibrant cities - capture the essence of South Africa on this culmination of a Cape Town to Kruger experience, including Johannesburg, the 'City of Gold'.
- CITY TOUR in Cape Town
- VIEW the Castle of Good Hope, Boulder's Beach penguin colony, Mandela House in Soweto
- VISIT Table Mountain, Bo-Kaap, Cape of Good Hope, Franschhoek, Hermanus, the Karongwe Private Game Reserve, Hector Pieterson Museum in Soweto, the Apartheid Museum
- 9 breakfasts
- 5 lunches (including Be My Guest)
- 5 dinners
- Daily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening meals
- Hand-picked hotels, lodges and luxury safari camps
- Optional Experiences and free time
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- An expert Travel Director, Driver Guide or Trafalgar Representative
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Handcrafted Highlights
Call (336) 243-2153 for more information or to book today! Mention code 15148909
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 12/31/2020
- 10 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Cape Town||Arrive Cape Town (4 Nights): South Africa's 'Mother City' and her iconic Table Mountain extend a warm welcome as you embark on a small group journey that will reveal the highlights of South Africa. Spend the day delving into Cape Town's cosmopolitan surrounds before joining your fellow travellers and Travel Director for a Welcome Reception.|
Southern Sun Waterfront
|Day 2||Cape Town||Table Mountain and Cape Town City Tour: This morning, we encounter Table Mountain first-hand, ascending via aerial cableway to its vast flat top - a rocky wonderland of rich Cape fynbos and curious dassies (hyraxes). Peer over the bustling City Bowl and Atlantic Seaboard keeping a keen eye out for the landmarks your Travel Director will show you during this morning's city tour, including Company Gardens, Bo-Kaap and the Castle of Good Hope. The rest of the day is yours to explore Cape Town at leisure. Ramble up Bree Street to sample the city's vibrant coffee culture or take a stroll along the Sea Point promenade with the fellow outdoor enthusiasts. Consider joining our Optional Experience to explore infamous Robben Island, with your guide revealing its turbulent past and the cell where Nelson Mandela spent the majority of his prison term.|
|Day 3||Cape Town||Cape Peninsula Tour: Circumnavigate the Cape Peninsula, from trendy Camps Bay to Cape Point and back. The crashing waves of the Atlantic to your right, the rocky 12 Apostles to your left, wind your way along one of the world's most magnificent coastal roads towards the outcrop that is Africa's most extreme south-western tip. Say a quiet hello to the shy penguins of Boulders Beach, see the Cape of Good Hope and travel through charming coastal towns along the way.|
|Day 4||Cape Town||Cape Winelands and Hermanus Excursion: Venture to the town of Franschhoek and see during your orientation why it is proclaimed as one of the most beautiful wine valleys in the world. Take the scenic Franschhoek Pass to the coastal town of Hermanus for your 'Be My Guest' experience. 'Connect With Locals' when you meet local business owner Stefan, who will treat you to a delicious traditional braai (barbecue) featuring deliciacies such as boerewors, pap and melktert. Over a glass of his homemade wine he'll share stories of his life in South Africa's whale watching capital. Return to Cape Town via a scenic driving route, arriving in the late afternoon. Enjoy your evening at leisure.|
|Day 5||Kruger National Park Area||Cape Town - Greater Kruger National Park Area (3 Nights): This morning you'll bid farewell to the 'Mother City' and fly to Hoedspruit (flight purchased separately, not included in the trip price) where a private game reserve near South Africa's great Kruger National Park beckons. Kick back, relax and settle in to one of Trafalgar's 'Stays With Stories', Becks Safari Lodge, your home in the bush for the next three nights.|
Becks Safari Lodge
|Day 6||Kruger National Park Area||Karongwe Private Reserve Safari Game Drives: The action begins as we embark on an early morning game drive through Karongwe Private Reserve with a 'Local Specialist' game ranger and Shangaan tracker-guide. The rising sun awakens the birds and insects that share your journey into the bush, as you scour the dense brush for signs of the Big 5. After lunch, and time for a siesta and a swim, return to the bush for an afternoon safari drive.|
|Day 7||Kruger National Park Area||Karongwe Private Reserve Safari Game Drives: Today enjoy another full day of game drives through Karongwe Private Reserve. Continue to scour the dense brush with your 'Local Specialist' for incredible encounters with Africa's iconic wildlife. End the day with a traditional sundowner drink overlooking the Game Reserve, keeping your eyes peeled for signs of wildlife that emerge from their cover of darkness.|
|Day 8||Johannesburg||Greater Kruger National Park Area - Johannesburg (2 Nights): Our time in the South African bushveld comes to a close with a 'Dive Into Culture' visit to a local Shangaan village. Learn about the traditions and customs of the Shangaan people and how the Eco Academy there provides eco and wildlife education. The visit includes a simple meal of grilled chicken, pap, Shangaan style cabbage, and for the brave, the opportunity to try mopani worms! Fly to Johannesburg (flight purchased separately, not included in the trip price) and check into your hotel in the heart of Sandton that's well located for exploring the nearby restaurants and shopping during your free evening.|
|Day 9||Johannesburg||Johannesburg Sightseeing: Unlock the secrets of the 'city of gold' on a full-day tour to view several iconic sites including the Regina Mundi Church and Mandela's house in Soweto. 'Dive Into Culture' during a visit to the Hector Pieterson Museum and the Apartheid Museum, which chronicles South Africa's tumultuous Apartheid years.|
|Day 10||Depart Johannesburg||Depart Johannesburg: Our epic encounter with South Africa's iconic sites comes to an end today. Transfer to Johannesburg International Airport for your onward flight.|
- Air: Airfares are not included in the prices above. Land Only price requires the following intra-trip flights to be purchased separately in order to fulfil the trip itinerary: Day 5 from Cape Town to Hoedspruit - 4Z657; Day 8 Hoedspruit to Johannesburg - 4Z874. Trafalgar guarantees to quote you the lowest possible airfare available to us on the day that you book.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class