Brochure Type: Eastern Mediterranean 2020
Trace the splendour of great ancient empires, criss-crossing the Aegean Sea from the land of gods and goddesses to the sun-drenched seaside villages of the Cyclades islands. Take a walking tour of the Acropolis, enjoy sundowner views over Little Venice in Mykonos, and soak up the laid-back island vibes of Crete and Santorini.
- VISIT the Acropolis in Athens, the trendy island of Mykonos, the thriving Turkish port of Kusadasi, the idyllic island of Patmos, the medieval Old Town of Rhodes, the port town of Heraklion and the cliff-top town of Fira on Santorini
- VIEW the Parthenon, the white-washed houses and windmills on Mykonos and the Caldera on Santorini
- SEE Hadrian's Arch and the 1896 Olympic Stadium in Athens
- 7 breakfasts
- 4 cruise lunches
- 4 cruise dinners
- Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Daily breakfast and up to half your evening meals
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- Optional Experiences and free time
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Handcrafted Highlights
- VIP entry to many sights
Call (336) 243-2153 for more information or to book today! Mention code 14887818
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 6/30/2020
- 8 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Athens||Arrive Athens (2 Nights): Your fascinating exploration of an ancient land begins in the vibrant city of Athens. Upon arrival, you'll be transferred to your hotel before spending the rest of your day discovering the Athenian's zest for life and their characteristic xenia.|
|Day 2||Athens||Athens Sightseeing: Join a 'Local Specialist' today to uncover the treasures of ancient Athens. Our morning sightseeing tour takes us to the Royal Palace, the Temple of Zeus, and Hadrian's Arch where Socrates once questioned ancient Athenians' understanding of the meaning of life. We'll enjoy a captivating walking tour of the Acropolis with views of the Parthenon and marvel at the stadium built for the first modern Olympic Games in 1896. Spend the rest of the day embracing the energy of Athens. Ramble up the cobblestone lanes of Plaka, see the archaeological treasures of ancient Greece or indulge in a feast of Greek souvlaki or gyro at a traditional taverna, with a bit of opa thrown in for good measure.|
|Day 3||Mykonos||Embark 4-Day Cruise - Mykonos: We leave Athens this morning, sailing through the azure waters of the Aegean en route to Mykonos with its iconic windmills that greet visitors as they arrive in its beautiful bay. Spend your day getting lost in its labyrinthine cobblestone lanes lined by white-washed houses and bougainvillea.|
|Day 4||Patmos||Kusadasi - Patmos: Visit the bustling port of Kusadasi in Turkey for a complimentary Shore Experience to explore ancient Ephesus. Later, we cruise to Patmos where the Book of Revelation was written by St. John, whose Cave of the Apocalypse you may choose to visit on an optional Shore Experience.|
|Day 5||At Sea||Rhodes - At Sea: Enjoy a complimentary Shore Experience this morning to walk in the footsteps of the religious knights who once conquered the island of Rhodes and explore the fascinating medieval Old Town with its thick stone walls, gates and cobblestone lanes.|
|Day 6||Santorini||Heraklion - Santorini: Sailing overnight, we arrive in Heraklion on the island of Crete where you could enjoy a fascinating encounter with centuries-old Minoan culture at the Palace of Knossos. We continue to Santorini where you might like to enjoy an Optional Experience to the stunning clifftop village of Oia, passing quaint villages and vineyards along the way.|
|Day 7||Athens||Disembark - Athens Free Time: We return to Athens this morning to enjoy the rest of the day at leisure. Spend the day exploring the city's art and architecture that span centuries, shopping in quaint Kolonaki or people-watching over strong Greek coffee in Syntagma Square.|
|Day 8||Athens||Depart Athens: Our epic adventure through ancient lands has come to an end. We say a fond farewell to newfound friends before catching a transfer to the airport for your return flight.|
- Port Taxes: All prices are inclusive of port taxes, tips and a drinks package and are accurate as of July 2019.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class