2020: Imperial Heritage (6030)
10 days from Budapest to Munich
Join us for a royal adventure through the historic sites of Hungary, Slovakia, Austria, and Germany! This affordable tour of Europe takes you to some of the continent's most legendary sites, including a Danube river cruise through Austria's stunning Wachau Valley from Krems to Spitz. The tour of Imperial Europe begins in Budapest-called the 'Pearl of the Danube.' Explore the Hungarian capital with its treasure trove of architectural wonders with a guided city tour. Travel through Slovakia, stopping in Old Town Bratislava, on your way to Austria. Spend two glorious days in Vienna, the 'City of Music'-with guided sightseeing of its enchanting city center with its iconic sites. Enjoy an orientation in Salzburg, the exquisite city of Mozart's birth. Experience more stunning sights on your way to Munich, with a visit to the storybook site of King Ludwig's Neuschwanstein Castle. You'll tour the lavish halls inside this inspiration of Disney's Magic Kingdom, with stories of the King's descent into madness. Your European vacation ends with two fascinating days in Munich. Tour the Marienplatz (Main Square) catch a Glockenspiel performance on the tower of the new Town Hall, or relax in a traditional biergarden for a stein or two of classic German beer. Your value-minded tour of Hungary, Vienna, and Germany through some of Europe's favorite destinations is an imperial experience not to be missed!
Call (336) 243-2153 for more information or to book today! Mention code 14720985
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 3/31/2020
- 10 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Budapest||Check into your hotel. The rest of the day is free to start exploring. Tonight, meet your Tour Director and fellow travelers. (D)|
|Day 2||Budapest||Budapest is a treasure trove of architectural wonders, from Gothic to Baroque; Neoclassical to Art Nouveau, but also full of history, a food capital and surprisingly rich in thermal waters. Discover all of this and more during the guided city tour this afternoon, then maybe join our evening optional excursion. (B)|
|Day 3||Vienna||Journey northwest and cross the border into neighboring Slovakia. Stop in Bratislava, its intriguing capital on the banks of the Danube, to explore the medieval Old Town. Continue west and enter Austria, arriving in magical Vienna. Today's Distance: 191 mi/ 308 km (B,D)|
|Day 4||Vienna||Enjoy two full days in one of Europe's most beloved capitals. Join the included city sightseeing tour for a great introduction to the major sights: the State Opera, Parliament, the ornate Rathaus (Town Hall), and views of the Hofburg Imperial Palace from Heroes' Square. You'll have plenty time to discover Vienna on your own, or choose from our wonderful selection of optional excursions. (B daily)|
|Day 5||Vienna||Enjoy two full days in one of Europe's most beloved capitals. Join the included city sightseeing tour for a great introduction to the major sights: the State Opera, Parliament, the ornate Rathaus (Town Hall), and views of the Hofburg Imperial Palace from Heroes' Square. You'll have plenty time to discover Vienna on your own, or choose from our wonderful selection of optional excursions. (B daily)|
|Day 6||Salzburg||From Krems, situated along the banks of the Danube and surrounded by hills and vineyards, marvel at the stunning scenery as you embark your ship for a delightful DANUBE RIVER CRUISE through the legendary Wachau Valley to Spitz. You might enjoy an optional excursion to visit the magnificent Benedictine Melk Abbey. Upon arrival in Salzburg, see some of the highlights of the historical center, including the Domplatz, the Festival Hall with the former Horse Trough, and, of course, the charming Getreidegasse, where Mozart was born! Today's Distance: 202 mi/ 325 km (B)|
|Day 7||Salzburg||Today is free to do as you please! Whether you're interested in food, music, or history, your Tour Director can help you arrange independent activities or join one of our exciting optional excursions. (B,D)|
|Day 8||Munich||Depart Salzburg and travel into the heart of the Bavarian Alps for a guided visit of the world's most famous fairytale castle: King Ludwig II's incomparable NEUSCHWANSTEIN, inspiration behind Walt Disney's Sleeping Beauty castle. Wander through the lavish apartments and staterooms, and hear the legends about what drove King Ludwig 'mad.' Afterward, continue to Munich, Germany's 'Secret Capital,' where you'll spend two nights. Today's Distance: 211 mi/ 340 km (B)|
|Day 9||Munich||Join the city orientation that includes Marienplatz, the beautiful main square. You might like to do some souvenir shopping, watch the mesmerizing Glockenspiel performance atop the new Town Hall, or relax at one of the many Beergardens to sample Germany's famous beer! (B)|
|Day 10||Munich||Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. (B)|
- US$ Price Details
Prices are per person based on double room occupancy.Single room supplement: $490-$1,080No triple room reduction.Additional accommodations before or after your tour may be available.
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Cosmos, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Cosmos, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Cosmos to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Cosmos Group Leader in Cuba, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Cosmos menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Cosmos offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Cosmos in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Cosmos has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Cosmos).