What does Greece conjure for you? Breathtaking beaches, the footsteps of philosophers, the tracks of ancient Olympians, or gods and goddesses of Greek mythology? Experience it all and more with an affordable vacation in Greece. You choose how to spend your days with MyCOSMOS excursions, and your CosmosGO mobile app has all the details on guided tours, restaurants, and activities to make the most of your days in the Mediterranean. Discover some new destinations on this Cosmos Lite a la carte tour and escape to legendary Greece for eight glorious days. Your affordable vacation in Greece begins and ends in Athens.. Explore the Acropolis and Parthenon or simply unwind on the white-sand beaches. Traveling from Athens, you'll get a look at the Corinth Canal on your way to the mountain resort of Vytina-a favorite holiday spot for locals and great for hiking. In Olympia, you could visit the archaeological area to see Zeus' temple, and the birthplace of the original Olympic Games. In the port city of Patras, discover the Byzantine castle of emperor Justinian I, and the ancient Roman amphitheater on your own. En route back to Athens, take in the views along the Gulf of Corinth and then enjoy an included stunning rack-and-pinion train ride along Vouraikos Canyon. Have lunch if you wish in Kalavryta to experience authentic taverna hospitality. An amazing and affordable tour of Greece!
Call (336) 243-2153 for more information or to book today! Mention code 14720960
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 3/31/2020
- 8 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Athens||History, Beaches and Street ArtKalimera! Welcome to Greece and its capital city, Athens. Settle into your hotel and, if you have time, start exploring with the help of the CosmosGO app. Athens is a charming city full of contradictions, where modern life meets ancient history. Meet your Tour Director in the early evening, who will give you some practical information about the city, including some hints on how to appreciate its unique features.|
|Day 2||Athens||The Acropolis and Other HillsThe focal point of Athens is the Acropolis, a sight you should not miss. However, there are other areas of the city that are worth exploring. Hike up Lycabettus hill for the best view of the Parthenon, especially at sunset, or take a tram to Faliro for a walk on the beach. Check out MyCOSMOS to select the available optional excursions. (B)|
|Day 3||Vytina||From the Proud City to the Peloponnese PeninsulaCombining well-known sites with undiscovered Greek locales, your journey begins with a stop at the Corinth Canal. The idea of building a canal for ships to shortcut from the Ionic sea to the Aegean sea goes back to Roman times, but the narrow canal was only actually built in the 19th century. Driving through the countryside, you'll reach Vytina, a mountain resort and one of Athenians' favorite weekend destinations. Today's Distance: 71 mi/ 115 km (B)|
|Day 4||Vytina||Tradition, Food, and HikesVytina is a traditional village overlooking the verdant slopes of Mount Mainalo. It sits at an altitude of approximately 1,050 meters from sea level. Its unique architecture, cozy style, and warm hospitable locals have made an unexpected hidden gem of Greece. Take some time to go out and enjoy a walk, or relax under the shade of a tree. (B)|
|Day 5||Patras||Where the Olympic Flame First BurnedLeaving the magic mountains of Arcadia, we go back in time and visit Olympia. On MyCOSMOS you can pre-book a guided tour of the archaeological area, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. You'll visit the remains of the temple dedicated to the god Zeus, and see where the Olympic games started in 776 BC. The village itself is fun to visit, with its many souvenir shops, tavernas, and bars. Continue to the port city of Patras. Today's Distance: 109 mi/ 175 km (B)|
|Day 6||Patras||Not only a PortPatras is widely known for being an important ship port, but it is a remarkable city. Wander in the beautiful old town and climb to the hillside castle built by the Byzantine Emperor Justinian Ist, where several cultural events still take place during the summer, and explore the ancient Roman amphitheater. In the city background, you'll see the Rion-Antirion bridge, the spectacular suspension bridge connecting the Peloponnese peninsula with mainland Greece. (B)|
|Day 7||Athens||Canyons, Coasts, and CitiesSee more of the diversity of Greece during today's journey back to the city of Athens. Enjoy the views along the Gulf of Corinth and an included stunning rack-and-pinion train ride along the Vouraikos Canyon, ranking among the ten most beautiful in Europe. The railway was built in 1896 with a gauge of just 750mm. Spend some free time in Kalavryta, maybe enjoying lunch at one of the renowned tavernas, and then continue your journey to Athens. Today's Distance: 134 mi/ 215 km (B)|
|Day 8||Athens||Your personally tailored vacation ends in Athens this morning. (B)|
- US$ Price Details
Prices are per person, based on double room occupancy.Single room supplement: $270No triple room reduction.Additional accommodations before or after your tour may be available.Porterage at hotels is not included on Cosmos Lite vacations.
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Cosmos, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Cosmos, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Cosmos to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Cosmos Group Leader in Cuba, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Cosmos menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Cosmos offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Cosmos in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Cosmos has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Cosmos).