This regional affordable Italy vacation begins and ends in Naples. As one of the oldest continuously inhabited cities in the world, Naples provides visitors a wealth of folklore, history, and a rich culture of the ages. After a guided sightseeing tour of the city, you'll be on your way to the Apulia region - the 'heel of the boot' of Italy and one of the favorite holiday destinations of the Italian people due to its breathtaking landscapes and enchanting coastline with turquoise watersYou'll visit the 13th-century Castel Del Monte on your way to the beautiful port of Bari. Included in your Italy vacation are a number of surprising stops, including the fascinating Castellana Grotte limestone caves, the conical-roofed houses of Alberobello, and Lecce's baroque architecture. You'll also enjoy an excursion to Santa Maria di Leuca with its art nouveau beach huts, and Gallipoli's underground olive presse, and winding streets above. Your budget Italy experience is never short on great food and drink. Learn about regional wines on your visit to a Primitivo wine cellar in Manduria.Before returning to Naples, enjoy a leisurely stay in Fasano - surrounded by vineyards and olive groves. Your affordable Italy tour of the Apulia region of Italy ends where it began - in Naples - where authentic Napoli pizza and espresso await your return!
Call (336) 243-2153 for more information or to book today! Mention code 14720798
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 3/31/2020
- 8 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Naples||Check into your hotel. The rest of the day is free to start exploring Naples, one of the oldest continuously inhabited cities in the world. Tonight, meet your Tour Director and fellow travelers. (D)|
|Day 2||Bari||Guided sightseeing this morning gives you an introduction to the eventful history of this city and its colorful traditions. Depart Naples and travel into Apulia, the legendary 'boot' of Italy. Stop at CASTEL DEL MONTE, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, built in the 13th century by Holy Roman Emperor Frederick II, and renowned for its unique octagonal shape. Continue to the Adriatic coastline for an orientation of the beautiful port city of Bari. Today's Distance: 204 mi/ 328 km (B)|
|Day 3||Lecce||Head to Castellana Grotte to visit the famous limestone CAVES. This impressive system is a wonderland of captivating stalactites, stalagmites, and crystallized mineral deposits. Next stop is Alberobello, renowned for its distinct conical-roofed TRULLI houses. Follow the coastline to lovely Lecce, the 'Florence of the South".Today's Distance: 107 mi/ 173 km (B)|
|Day 4||Lecce||On your included excursion to Santa Maria di Leuca, the southernmost tip of Apulia, discover oriental art nouveau villas and beach huts from the early 20th century. On to Gallipoli, an ancient Greek city built on an island in the Ionian Sea. Enjoy the Old Town with its quaint ambiance, winding streets, and inviting squares. Discover FRANTOIO IPOGEO, an underground olive press buried in the tufa rock. Between the 16th and 19th centuries, workers pressed Gallipoli's olive oil, and used it to light the city's oil lamps. Return to Lecce. Time to marvel at its opulent Baroque buildings. Today's Distance: 130 mi/ 210 km (B,D)|
|Day 5||FASANO||On to Manduria, situated in the wine-growing region. Visit a WINE CELLAR and get to taste some of the typical Primitivo. Next stop is Ostuni, only 42 miles from Greece, but characterized by its flat-roofed, white, Greek-looking town centre. Overnight in Fasano, a peaceful town surrounded by olive groves and vineyards, not far from the Adriatic Sea. Today's Distance: 109 mi/ 175 km (B,D)|
|Day 6||FASANO||Today is free to do as you like. Maybe join the optional excursion to Matera and Altamura. The impressive 'rock city' of Matera is home to the prehistoric sassi cave dwellings, while a guided tour of Altamura reveals the amazing stone-clad city, with free time afterwards to stroll through the Old Town on your own. (B,D)|
|Day 7||Naples||Puglia is famous for its olive trees and, this morning, you'll visit a traditional OLIVE MILL to taste some genuine olive oil, enjoy a light lunch, and stroll around the groves. Later, travel back to Naples for a chance to treat yourself to a real espresso coffee shot or the most authentic pizza. Today's Distance: 199 mi/ 320 km (B,L)|
|Day 8||Naples||Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. (B)|
- US$ Price Details
Prices are per person, based on double room occupancy.Single room supplement: $320No triple room reduction.Additional accommodations before or after your tour may be available.
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Cosmos, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Cosmos, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Cosmos to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Cosmos Group Leader in Cuba, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Cosmos menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Cosmos offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Cosmos in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Cosmos has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Cosmos).