Brochure Type: USA & Canada 2018
This comprehensive exploration of the American West, visiting awesome natural wonders and staying at rustic lodges amid dazzling panoramas that no camera could ever quite capture.
Additional Included Highlights
- Arches National Park: Enjoy views of the natural formations.
- Scenic Drives: View the Rocky Mountains from Colorado's Interstate 70. Upper Colorado River Scenic Byway, past Castle Rock. Scenic Highway 211 with superb views of earth-etched canyons. Travel the Trail of the Ancients, through the Ute Reservation. Take the All-American Road Scenic Byway 12 through Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument. Drive along Zion National Park Scenic Byway. Virgin River Gorge.
- Bryce Canyon: Get together with your new friends in a wonderful setting for a Celebration Dinner.
- Moab: Chow down on a delicious cowboy barbecue dinner.
- Monument Valley: Enjoy an authentic cookout and Highlight Lunch amid the majestic buttes and mesas of the surrounding landscape.
- Included Quality Dining: 9 Full Breakfasts (FB), 1 Lunch (L), 5 Dinners (D) with wine (DW).
- Monument Valley: With a Navajo guide, board an all-terrain vehicle for a private tour through the mythical formation of the Navajo Tribal Park.
- Bryce Canyon: Located right inside the National Park, The Lodge at Bryce Canyon is a landmark property.
- Grand Canyon: Stay in rustic charm at the historic Grand Canyon Lodge.
- Lake Powell: Relax and enjoy the superb views from your guaranteed Lake View Rooms at the Lake Powell Resort and Marinas.
- Las Vegas: Where else would you want to stay other than ARIA Resort and Casino? A modern, luxury, upscale resort, located right along the famed Las Vegas Strip.
- Mesa Verde: Enjoy sweeping views of the National Park from the Far View Lodge.
- Moab: Get a real taste of the West at the ranch-style Red Cliffs Lodge, situated under the fiery red cliffs of Moab.
- National Parks Hotels: Insight stays at the best available properties within National Parks where the hotels are much more rustic and typical of the natural environment.
- Mesa Verde: See the ancient pueblo cliff dwellings, known as the Cliff Palace.
- Arches National Park: See the towering natural arches at this majestic National Park.
- Canyonlands National Park: Visit the 'Island in the Sky', a vast mesa that rises over the sandstone landmarks.
- Capitol Reef National Park: Visit this majestic National Park that surrounds a long wrinkle in the earth known as the Waterpocket Fold with its layers of golden sandstone and striking rock formations.
- Bryce Canyon National Park: See the whimsical sandstone hoodoos and take in the stunning panoramas.
- Zion National Park: The most relaxing and informative way to see the grandeur and natural features of this canyon is by private shuttle, with live commentary.
- Our highly-skilled Insight Tour Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend in a foreign land.
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight's luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat touring coach, with extended Business Class legroom and on-board restroom.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert's fascinating commentary.
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included; you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. Plus, we include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- From time to time, your Tour Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish - a local tidbit representing authentic food or beverages unique to the destination.
- Complimentary transfers from and to Las Vegas International Airport are available only on arrival and departure days. Should your flights not coincide with these transfers, or additional accommodation has been booked through Insight Vacations, charged transfers are available. Alternatively, please make your own way from/to the airport.
Call (336) 243-2153 for more information or to book today! Mention code 14020302
- Tour Operator
- Insight Vacations
- Offer valid through 9/30/2018
- 10 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Las Vegas||Arrive in Las Vegas.: Welcome to glittering Las Vegas. On arrival at Las Vegas International Airport, your transfer will take you to your hotel. At 18:00, join your Tour Director for a Welcome Dinner with wine. (Dinner with Wine)|
ARIA Resort and Casino, Las Vegas.
|Day 2||Grand Canyon||The Wonders of the Grand Canyon.: In the morning, depart for the North Rim of Grand Canyon National Park and the historic Grand Canyon Lodge. At night, watch the colours change by the minute as the sun sets over the canyon. Enjoy a fantastic dinner in the lodge's magnificent dining room with superb views of the canyon. (Full Breakfast / Dinner)|
Grand Canyon Lodge.
|Day 3||Lake Powell||Grand Canyon and Lake Powell.: (Relaxed Start) Wake up to the backdrop of the Grand Canyon as you depart for the majesty of Lake Powell. Stop at Glen Canyon Dam to learn about its impact on the Colorado River before arriving at your lakefront resort. Check in to your room, with guaranteed lake views, and enjoy the evening at leisure. (Full Breakfast)|
Lake Powell Resorts and Marinas (Lake View Rooms)
|Day 4||Lake Powell||A Leisurely Day at Lake Powell.: (Relaxed Start) Spend the day doing entirely as you please. Perhaps join an optional float trip down one of the most scenic stretches of the Colorado River, or take a leisurely optional cruise through scenic Antelope Canyon with its steep, sandstone walls? (Full Breakfast)|
Lake Powell Resorts and Marinas (Lake View Rooms).
|Day 5||Monument Valley||Monument Valley and the Navajo Nation.: In the morning, head to Monument Valley Navajo Tribal Park and board all-terrain vehicles with a Navajo guide for a tour of the valley floor, used as a backdrop for many Western films. Visit some of the legendary sites where these movies were made. Enjoy a Navajo cookout Highlight Lunch amid the giant buttes and mesas of this unique landscape before making your way to Mesa Verde National Park, where the day draws to a close. Your lodge inside the park offers sweeping vistas reaching into three states. (Full Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner)|
Far View Lodge (Deluxe View Rooms), Mesa Verde
|Day 6||Moab||Mesa Verde and Moab.: Enjoy an in-depth visit to fascinating Mesa Verde National Park. View the ancient pueblo dwellings known as Cliff Palace. Settle in at your ranch-style lodge, superbly located under lofty red rock cliffs on the banks of the Colorado River. Enjoy a cowboy-style barbecue and Highlight Dinner with all the fixings at your hotel. (Full Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Red Cliffs Lodge, Moab
|Day 7||Moab||Delve into Canyonlands and Arches National Parks.: (Relaxed Start) In the morning, visit Canyonlands National Park for a drive onto the 'Island in the Sky' - a mesa resting 1,000 feet (305 metres) above the surrounding countryside, offering spectacular views over the dramatic sandstone formations. Then it's on to Arches National Park, housing the greatest concentration of natural arches in the world. Back at the lodge, your afternoon is at leisure. (Full Breakfast)|
Red Cliffs Lodge, Moab
|Day 8||Bryce Canyon National Park||Capitol Reef and Bryce Canyon National Parks.: Magnificent scenery awaits at Capitol Reef National Park, best known for its Waterpocket Fold, a 100-mile-long (160 km) warp in the earth's crust. Journey along one of the most beautiful roads in the world, Scenic Byway 12, winding through the stunning Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument. (Full Breakfast)|
The Lodge at Bryce Canyon
|Day 9||Bryce Canyon National Park||Whimsical Bryce Canyon National Park.: (Relaxed Start) Start the day travelling through Bryce Canyon, the great natural amphitheatre. The whimsical, eroded rock formations that characterise this National Park are some of Utah's most unusual shapes. Learn how wind, erosion and iron oxidation created the spellbinding hoodoos. In the evening, join your fellow travellers rim-side for a memorable Celebration Dinner overlooking the Canyon. (Full Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
The Lodge at Bryce Canyon.
|Day 10||Las Vegas||Zion National Park, Back to Las Vegas.: Enjoy a last look at Bryce Canyon's orange and red rock formations, glowing in early morning light before heading to Zion National Park - one of the most scenic canyons in the United States. Here, join a guided tour by a private Zion Canyon Shuttle, with live commentary, to view the park's best sites. Your tour ends with a departure transfer to Las Vegas International Airport. Airport arrival will be at 16:00. (Full Breakfast)|
- Notes: Twin prices are per person. Book Your Air Early: To get the best land & air deal possible! 22 May 2018: This Departure will no longer be staying at the Red Cliffs Lodge but will instead be staying at the Homewood Suites by Hilton in Moab.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class