Brochure Type: Europe Winter 2018-19
This journey is perfect for those who want to experience the best of Europe. Explore quaint Germanic towns, appreciate the splendour of the quiet Italian Lakes and marvel at the most impressive cities on the Continent. Enjoy a private cruise along the canals of Amsterdam and enter Vatican City ahead of everyone else with special VIP access. Sip Bellini cocktails in St. Mark's Square after the tourist day-trippers have gone home and dine on rich and delicious Italian cuisine in the hills of Tuscany. Join a castle owner on the Rhine for a private estate viewing and unlock the secrets of Rhineland's modern kings and queens. Do as the Romans do and join a local family in their home for a lively dinner in the heart of Rome. Ascend legendary Mount Stanserhorn in Switzerland and meet a ranger for an in-depth exploration of the region's fauna and ?ora.
Additional Included Highlights
- Heidelberg: See the red sandstone castle and explore the baroque Old Town
- Innsbruck: Walk the narrow streets of the Old Town, lined with medieval houses and arcades and see the Golden Roof and Imperial Palace. Venice: Cruise to St Mark's Square and see the Doge's Palace, Bridge of Sighs and St Mark's Basilica. Rome: See the mighty Colosseum and Roman Forum as well as other Medieval buildings, Renaissance palaces and Baroque churches, scattered through the city. Florence: Visit the political heart of the city, Signoria Square
- See the area around Santa Croce Basilica, famous for the quality of its luxury goods. Lucerne: View the emotive Lion Monument and walk the covered Chapel Bridge to see the Jesuit Church. Paris: See Notre Dame Cathedral, the Eiffel Tower, facades of the Louvre, the River Seine and its romantic bridges, the obelisk in the centre of the Place de la Concorde and enjoy a drive along the Champs Elysees to the Arc de Triomphe. Scenic Drives: Romantic Road, Tyrol, The Dolomites, Veneto, Apennine Mountains, Tuscany, Umbria, Chianti Hills, Italian Lake District, Swiss Alps, Burgundy.
- Paris: Meet a local foodie for a behind-the-scenes look into Parisian life. Sample some local delicacies in a patisserie, boulangerie, fromagerie and chocolatier on a gourmet walking tour that takes you off the beaten track.
- Paris: Rendezvous at Le Petit Prince de Paris, an atmospheric French bistro that believes 'There is no love more sincere than that of good food'. Your Celebration Dinner offers home-style cooking, using local ingredients and is accompanied by delicious French wines.
- Heidelberg: Revel in the merriment as you raise a stein and feast on local German specialties in a beer hall-style restaurant. Prost!
- Veneto: Delight in a prosecco tasting with the expert vignerons at a local winery and learn the secret to making the perfect Bellini.
- Rome: Food and family go hand in hand in Italy and are pillars of the Italian way of life. Experience it for yourself with an invitation from your local EatWith host and join them for a truly Italian, home-cooked meal.
- Tuscany: Savour home-made cuisine at a family-style dinner with fresh ingredients prepared to traditional recipes, set among the beautiful Tuscan countryside.
- Florence: Choose your dining experience from a selection of hand-picked local restaurants, each offering their own unique cuisine and ambience on your Dine-Around Evening.
- Dining Summary: 14 Buffet Breakfasts (BB) and 6 Dinners with Wine (DW), all with tea or coffee. Festive Highlight Dinners: 14 Dec Christmas Day in Lucerne. 28 Dec New Year's Eve in Heidelberg.
- Rhine Valley: Delight in a private estate viewing of one of these Rhineland castles and learn more about these living cultural monuments situated along the Middle Rhine.
- Venice: Witness the ancient skill of glassblowing and watch artisans create delicate works of art.
- Venice: Meet a gondolier and learn about the age-old tradition of gondola navigation on the iconic Venetian canals.
- Vatican City: Be among the select few to gain VIP access into the Vatican Museums, see the Bramante Staircase and Michelangelo's ceiling in the Sistine Chapel.
- Paris: The Paris Marriott Rive Gauche Hotel is located on the Left Bank of the Seine River near the Latin Quarter and Saint-Germain-des-Pres. Recently renovated, this modern property offers luxurious bedding in all rooms.
- Eurostar: Relax on the smooth, high-speed Eurostar train from London via the Channel Tunnel.
- Amsterdam: Cruise in a glass-topped boat through the old waterways, where the wealthy merchants built mansions during the Golden Age of the 17th century.
- Florence: Join a Local Expert to view the multi-coloured marble cathedral, bell tower and baptistery, adorned by Ghiberti's Gates of Paradise. Visit the political heart of the city, Signoria Square. See the area around Santa Croce Basilica, famous for the quality of its luxury goods.
- Christmas Markets: Embrace the magic of Christmas time in Europe. 25 Nov explores Heidelberg, Innsbruck, Florence, Lucerne & Paris; 16 Dec explores Innsbruck & Paris.
- Heidelberg: See the red sandstone castle and explore the baroque Old Town with your Travel Director.
- Innsbruck:: Walk the narrow streets of the Old Town, lined with medieval houses and arcades, to see the Golden Roof and Imperial Palace.
- Lucerne: View the emotive Lion Monument and walk the covered Chapel Bridge to see the Jesuit Church.
- Mount Pilatus: Enjoy a spectacular journey to the summit of Mount Pilatus to witness a panorama of snow-capped peaks as you take in the pristine mountain air.
- Paris: See the many attractions Paris has to offer such as Notre Dame Cathedral, the Eiffel Tower, facades of the Louvre, the River Seine and its romantic bridges, the obelisk in the centre of the Place de la Concorde and enjoy a drive along the Champs Elysees to the Arc de Triomphe.
- Rome: See the mighty Colosseum and Roman Forum as well as other medieval buildings, Renaissance palaces and Baroque churches, scattered through the city.
- Scenic Drives: Throughout your journey, enjoy the scenery as you drive along the Romantic Road and later pass the areas of Tyrol, the Dolomites, Veneto, the Apennine Mountains, Tuscany, Umbria, the Chianti Hills, the Italian Lake District, the Swiss Alps and Burgundy.
- Venice: With your Travel Director cruise to St. Mark's Square and see the Doge's Palace, Bridge of Sighs and St. Mark's Basilica.
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight's luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert's fascinating commentary.
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included - you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination.
- You may purchase arrival transfers from London Heathrow and Gatwick airports on arrival days, or when additional nights accommodation has been booked through Insight Vacations. If your departure flights are as per the itinerary end dates, departure transfers are available at scheduled times. If your flights are outside these times or you have booked additional nights accommodation with Insight Vacations, you may purchase transfers or make your own way to the airport. Alternatively, please make your own way from/to the airport.
Call (336) 243-2153 for more information or to book today! Mention code 13867071
- Tour Operator
- Insight Vacations
- Offer valid through 6/30/2018
- 17 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Your Journey Begins||Your Journey Begins: Board your overnight flight to Europe (please ask about our great deals).|
|Day 2||London||Arrive London.: Welcome to London. After checking into your hotel, the afternoon is free to enjoy a city that is famous for its pomp and pageantry. Perhaps relax with a walk along the Serpentine in Hyde Park or window shop in the elegant boutiques of Knightsbridge? Alternatively, you may want to stroll along the Thames to the iconic Tower Bridge and Tower of London.|
Amba Hotel Marble Arch, London.
|Day 3||Amsterdam||From London to Amsterdam.: Meet your Travel Director at 07:00 and transfer to London's St. Pancras Station to board the high-speed Eurostar. Your comfortable rail journey takes you through the Channel Tunnel en route to Amsterdam. Later, join your Travel Director for a Welcome Reception. Get to know your fellow guests as you cruise along some of the quaint, tree-lined canals to explore the heart of the Old City, before enjoying a pleasant evening of dinner and wine at a local restaurant. (Dinner with Wine)|
Movenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Centre.
|Day 4||Depart from London||Depart from London.: After breakfast, meet your Travel Director at 07:00 and transfer to London's St. Pancras Station to board the high-speed Eurostar. Your comfortable rail journey takes you through the Channel Tunnel. Later, join your Travel Director for a Welcome Reception. Get to know your fellow guests as you cruise along some of the quaint, tree-lined canals to explore the heart of the Old City, before enjoying a pleasant evening of dinner and wine at a local restaurant. (Buffet Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Movenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Centre.
|Day 5||Heidelberg||Castles of the Rhine Valley and on to Heidelberg.: Cross into Germany and head for the romantic Rhine Gorge. Visit a castle set upon the Rhine for a private estate viewing with the owner. Unlock the secrets of Rhineland's modern kings and queens as you learn the history of the castle and surrounding area. Continue to the university town of Heidelberg, dominated by Heidelberg Palace, or Heidelberger Schloss in German. This red sandstone castle is one of the world's most impressive palace ruins, synonymous with the Romantic Movement. In the evening, savour flavours of the region as you enjoy a beer hall-style dinner at a local restaurant. (Buffet Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Crowne Plaza Heidelberg City Centre.
|Day 6||Innsbruck||Innsbruck, Mountain-ringed Capital of the Tyrol.: Skirt the northern Black Forest and head towards the rolling Bavarian Alps. Stop beneath the royal castles of Hohenschwangau and King Ludwig's Neuschwanstein, rumoured to have inspired Walt Disney's iconic castle. Once over the Austrian border, continue to the Tyrolean capital of Innsbruck. Tour the architectural jewels of the city, seeing the Imperial Palace, Golden Roof and the 14th century houses of the Old Town. (Buffet Breakfast)|
|Day 7||Venice||Across the Dolomites to Venice.: Continue your journey, crossing the Italian border and on through the Dolomites. Amongst the hills of Conegliano Veneto, stop at a local winery where meticulous viticulture and manual harvesting produce distinguishable prosecco with a natural balance. Savour a tasting of these luxurious sparkling wines and discover how to make the perfect Bellini. Continue to the romantic city of Venice, Queen of the Adriatic. (Buffet Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Eurostars Residenza Cannaregio, Venice.
|Day 8||Venice||Venice and the Magic of La Serenissima.: Waking up to the sights and sounds of Venice is a thrill for even the most experienced traveller. A morning boat transfer brings you to Giudecca Island to witness the skills of glassblowers. Then cruise by Palladio's San Giorgio Maggiore to explore St. Mark's Square including Lord Byron's Bridge of Sighs which connects the Doge's Palace to the adjacent prison. In the square, the bell tower comes into view, plus the beautiful mosaics of St. Mark's Basilica and the Clock Tower Moors, who have been striking the hour for over 500 years. Meet a gondolier to learn about the age-old tradition of gondola navigation and how this skill is handed down from generation to generation. The rest of the day is free, perhaps shop in the small arcades or take an Optional Experience cruise of the Venetian lagoon to the island of Burano to dine on local specialties and wine? (Buffet Breakfast)|
Eurostars Residenza Cannaregio, Venice.
|Day 9||Rome||The Eternal City of Rome.: Head into the Apennine Mountains and venture through the peaceful landscapes of Tuscany and Umbria. Follow the course of the Tiber to your hotel in the Eternal City of Rome. Italian culture is deeply rooted in hospitality with food, friends and family being central to everyday life. You're invited into the home of a Roman local to experience Italian hosting at its best, as you enjoy a delicious home-cooked meal with your EatWith host. (Buffet Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Kolbe Hotel Rome.
|Day 10||Rome||Papal and Imperial Rome.: During your two-night stay, join a Local Expert for a private tour of the priceless art housed in the Vatican Museums and the frescoes of the Sistine Chapel. Your VIP visit includes fast-track entry and behind-the-scenes access to the Bramante Staircase, a part of the Vatican usually closed to the public. Then explore St. Peter's Basilica, one of the largest churches in the world. Cross the River Tiber to see the largest amphitheatre of the Roman Empire, the Colosseum, and enjoy the afternoon at your leisure. (Buffet Breakfast)|
Kolbe Hotel Rome.
|Day 11||Florence||Over the Chianti hills to Florence.: Drive to the Chianti Hills and the city of Florence. A Local Expert will accompany you to the Duomo where the Gates of Paradise adorn the baptistery. Continue to Piazza della Signoria, the political heart of the city, lined with fountains and statues it acts as a virtual open-air gallery of Renaissance masterpieces. A leisurely afternoon gives you time to shop for quality goods, like gold and leather, which Florence is famous for. Alternatively, there is an Optional Experience to visit the Accademia Gallery with an art historian to see Michelangelo's famed masterpiece, David. In the evening, savour an authentic family-style dinner of home-made cuisine at a local trattoria. Perfectly set among the beautiful Tuscan countryside, you are served fresh ingredients prepared to traditional recipes. (Buffet Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Adler Cavalieri, Florence.
|Day 12||Florence||Free time in Renaissance Florence.: The day is free for you to fully immerse yourself in the Tuscan capital. Be sure not to miss the magnificent museums and galleries housing some of the most famous works of art in the world. Or perhaps just relax and soak up the atmosphere in one of the many street cafe's? For your Dine-Around Evening, enjoy your preferred dining experience from a selection of hand-picked local restaurants, each offering their own unique cuisine and ambience. (Buffet Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Adler Cavalieri, Florence.
|Day 13||Lucerne||Across the Alps and on to Lucerne.: Travel past the charming Italian Lake District before continuing across the Swiss border to reach to lakeside Lucerne. See the emotive Lion Monument, carved into a limestone cliff. This memorial is dedicated to the heroic Swiss Guards who died defending King Louis XVI during the French Revolution, and is a source of great pride to the people of Lucerne. You are then welcome to enjoy an evening at your leisure. (Buffet Breakfast)|
Renaissance Lucerne Hotel.
|Day 14||Lucerne||Mount Pilatus and Lakeside Lucerne.: Embark on a spectacular journey to the summit of stunning Mount Pilatus for expansive mountain views over Lake Lucerne. Take in the pristine mountain air and witness a panorama of snow-capped peaks. Upon return to Lucerne, take some time to stroll across the covered Chapel Bridge and see the baroque Jesuit Church. The rest of the day is at leisure to shop for delectable chocolate and glamorous Swiss watches in the traffic-free Old Town. (Buffet Breakfast)|
Renaissance Lucerne Hotel.
|Day 15||Paris||Sights and delights of Paris.: In the morning, travel through the wine-growing Burgundy region to Paris, the vibrant Ville-Lumiere or City of Light. During your time in Paris, see the impressive Eiffel Tower, the magnificent Notre Dame Cathedral, the imposing facades of the Louvre and the banks of the River Seine with its many romantic bridges. See the obelisk in the centre of the Place de la Concorde and drive along the Champs Elysees to the Arc de Triomphe. With the evening free, there are countless opportunities to enjoy the lively atmosphere of this glittering city. Why not visit one of the world-famous cabaret shows? (Buffet Breakfast)|
Paris Marriott Rive Gauche Hotel.
|Day 16||Paris||The food and flavours of Paris.: Split into small groups for a more personal experience and meet your Local Expert, an avid foodie, as you head into areas where Parisians go about their daily lives. Indulge local delicacies in a patisserie, boulangerie, fromagerie and chocolatier. With the afternoon free, perhaps see the city from the second elevation of the iconic Eiffel Tower? In the evening, embrace the charm of the Latin Quarter, during your Celebration Dinner at a typical Old Paris style bistro, Le Petit Prince de Paris. Enjoy home-style cooking, using local ingredients, accompanied by delicious French wines. (Buffet Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Paris Marriott Rive Gauche Hotel.
|Day 17||London||Return to London by Eurostar.: In the morning, there is an included coach transfer to Paris Gare du Nord station for your high speed Eurostar train journey to London. On arrival, you are transferred to the Amba Hotel Marble Arch where your trip ends. (Buffet Breakfast)|
- Notes: Twin prices are per person. Christmas Markets: 23 Nov explores Heidelberg, Innsbruck, Florence, Lucerne & Paris; 14 Dec explores Innsbruck & Paris. Festive Highlight Dinners: 14 Dec Christmas Day in Lucerne. 28 Dec New Year's Eve in Heidelberg.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class